Today’s blog is going to be a bullet list of today’s memories.
- Carrying the bikes down the stairs at 6am hoping the grocery was open early for coffee (no luck 😔)
- Jumping on the bikes at 6:30am before anyone is stirring on highway 28 and we had the road to ourselves
- Stopping at mile 15 at Blue Mountain grocery for coffee and breakfast sandwich
- Visiting with Baxter and Steve for over an hour who also stopped for coffee. They just left Bar Harbor a week ago and are heading west to our start, Anacortes, WA. And we are a week away from finishing at Bar Harbor.
- Watching Baxter’s drone videos from their first week. He is carrying a 10 lb case with him with his drone (he is only 20 and Debster is major tech envy of his skills)
- Riding the next 30 miles along Highway 28 up and down and all around the pine tree lined Adirondacks
- Stopping at “The Scoop” for ice cream and a strawberry shake
- Enjoying our first big climbs since we left West Glacier
- Enjoying all the Harley riders giving us the wave as they cruised by
- Every other car that went by us with kayaks and bikes hanging on their cars
- The number of lakes that we passed during our ride
- The last 10 mile downhill reaching 39.5 mph and trying to outrace the turbo Carrara that passed me and gave me a thumbs up
- Reaching our destination and pulling into a Jellystone campground/Park (this place is awesome with beautiful campground, spotless showers, store, restaurant, and laundry facility). Oh and yogi is walking around greeting all the guests 😁
- Reaching the 3700 mile mark and starting our last week of riding tomorrow 😟
Ok the tent is set up and all dried out from the heavy dew and rain from a couple of days ago. The thermarests/sleeping bags are febreezed and aired out. Our snacks are eaten. Time to shower up and decide on dinner.
I LOVE the Adirondacks. Riding surrounded by dense timber, crystal clear lakes, with favorable winds and skies made for stellar riding. Could not have been better.
2 thoughts on “#acaNoTier Raquette Lake to North Hudson, 62 Miles | Cycling The Adirondacks”
Beautiful! We were in Lake Placid NY this time last summer and your photos and videos bring back fond memories! So pretty! I’m going to miss reading your blog and watching your videos every morning! Thank you for documenting and keeping me entertained (and envious) all summer 🙂 Prayers for a safe and wonderful final week!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Awww Kelly it means a lot that you joined us on the journey. We really love it up here in New York. Definitely going to come back! There’s still 400 miles to go but they will go fast – except the uphill ones. Lol