Today’s blog is going to be a bullet list of today’s memories.
- Carrying the bikes down the stairs at 6am hoping the grocery was open early for coffee (no luck 😔)
- Jumping on the bikes at 6:30am before anyone is stirring on highway 28 and we had the road to ourselves
- Stopping at mile 15 at Blue Mountain grocery for coffee and breakfast sandwich
- Visiting with Baxter and Steve for over an hour who also stopped for coffee. They just left Bar Harbor a week ago and are heading west to our start, Anacortes, WA. And we are a week away from finishing at Bar Harbor.
- Watching Baxter’s drone videos from their first week. He is carrying a 10 lb case with him with his drone (he is only 20 and Debster is major tech envy of his skills)
- Riding the next 30 miles along Highway 28 up and down and all around the pine tree lined Adirondacks
- Stopping at “The Scoop” for ice cream and a strawberry shake
- Enjoying our first big climbs since we left West Glacier
- Enjoying all the Harley riders giving us the wave as they cruised by
- Every other car that went by us with kayaks and bikes hanging on their cars
- The number of lakes that we passed during our ride
- The last 10 mile downhill reaching 39.5 mph and trying to outrace the turbo Carrara that passed me and gave me a thumbs up
- Reaching our destination and pulling into a Jellystone campground/Park (this place is awesome with beautiful campground, spotless showers, store, restaurant, and laundry facility). Oh and yogi is walking around greeting all the guests 😁
- Reaching the 3700 mile mark and starting our last week of riding tomorrow 😟
Ok the tent is set up and all dried out from the heavy dew and rain from a couple of days ago. The thermarests/sleeping bags are febreezed and aired out. Our snacks are eaten. Time to shower up and decide on dinner.
I LOVE the Adirondacks. Riding surrounded by dense timber, crystal clear lakes, with favorable winds and skies made for stellar riding. Could not have been better.